Thanksgiving – who doesn’t love today (except maybe Native Americans)? Family, thinking of things for which to be thankful, boatloads of delicious food (namely turkey and mashed potatoes).
Today also starts the seeming 8-week streak of having some form of turkey to eat at every single meal.
I do really enjoy the Holiday because it’s good to stop and think about all the positive things going on in your life. And I would be remiss if I didn’t mention some of things I’m thankful for (and I’ll be honest, not 100% sure of what it means to be remissed).
Things I’m Thankful For
- I’m thankful for … my family who’s so supportive and fun to be around. They’ve encouraged me and helped me along the way, plus have provided plenty of inspiration for material.
- I’m thankful for … my friends who are much funnier than I, though not always intentionally.
- I’m thankful for … all of my fans, readers and audiences that have allowed me to entertain through stand-up, improv, and my blog (hint: that’s you guys).
- I’m thankful for … puns.
- I’m thankful for … the ability to think of funny things to say.
- I’m thankful for … thinking of thanking the ability to think of things to say on Thanksgiving.
- I’m thankful for … the people who appreciate (approximate) alliteration.
- I’m thankful for … my boyish good looks, and the ability to laugh at the various quirks about myself.
- I’m thankful for … the opportunities that I have professionally, comedically, and personally.
- I’m thankful for … chicken (it’s so delicious).
- I’m thankful for … a whole host of other things (life, liberty and the pursuit, etc) that are far too numerous to mention here.
- I’m thankful for … the people who won’t get mad (or supposedly it’s “angry”) if I didn’t mention them in the above list.