On Wednesday night I had sketch class at 8:15pm at UCB. Or at least I thought it was at 8:15. In actuality, it was at 7:15–I don’t know how or why, but I had the time wrong in my calendar. As such, I showed up to the school ready to go, but alas had already missed an hour of the class, and was not allowed in (it’s a UCB rule that if you are more than 15-minutes late you are not allowed in as it would disrupt the rest of the students–something I completely agree with).
So as a punishment to myself for my stupidity, I decided I would walk home, not realizing it was about 4 miles. But along the way, I had some random thoughts that I captured in my phone:
- Lady comes up next to me and says, “You ready to go home?” I say “Yes, how did you know?” Then she says “You ready to see Claudia?” and I said “I don’t know who that is lady.” Turns out she was talking to her dog the whole time.
- I need to be doing something for the HTW site every single day.
- I do always look to make the best of things. Even though I’m trying to be pissed at myself, I keep thinking of how I can at least make the most of the situation.
- Everyone wants to believe they are different or special. I actually am.
- I can make it about 2 north-south intersections before having to wait for a cross-walk.
- New York City companies spend a lot of money on electricity to keep up a prestigious image even at night. Matter fact, many of us spend a lot of many trying to keep up a meaningless façade.
- Roughly 35% of the women I’m passing are very attractive. 10% are “that aint right” attractive.
- I’ve jaywalked at least 20 times on this walk.
- If you don’t have anything to say, don’t say anything.
- Based on frequencies of stores, the 2 most important things to New Yorkers are money and coffee.
- Improv Everywhere idea: Get a bunch of old people to play bridge at the Gap, solely so you call it “Bridge the Gap.”
- You should legally be allowed to stick sticks in the spokes of bicyclists if they are riding on the sidewalk.
- Burger Heaven. Heaven for who? Not hamburgers.
- Principles aren’t principles till they cost you something. Damn you stairs.
Walk time = 1 hour 20 minutes, 4 miles. Stair time = 4 minutes, 30 flights.