10 things that should be true, but aren’t:
- Soccer should be called football. (American) football should be called soccer.
- Monday should be considered the first day of the week. Sunday is part of the weekend, so it should be the end of the week.
- The world should be on one system of measure. I don’t care if it’s metric or whatever it is we in the US call it, but, like Highlander, there should only be one.
- The English alphabet should only have 25 letters–get rid of the ‘Q.’ It is a worthless, copycat of a letter that can’t even be by itself most of the time.
- There should be a Chick Fil-A in Manhattan. It should be open on Sundays and in close proximity to my apartment.
- The word palindrome should be a palindrome. It’s confusing that it is not.
- Slow traffic should always keep to the right, no matter the form of transportation. If you’re going to stand on the escalator, do it to the right side.
- Chicken should have the same health benefits as vegetables and be consumed as often as grains.
- “Shoulder” should be pronounced “shood-er” or “should” should be pronounced “shooled”.
- Puns should be heralded as one of the greatest forms of comedy.
Oh, and I guess there should be things like world peace and no starving children. I also realize that #1-3 could be solved by moving to a different country, but I shouldn’t have to do that.